I'm sure you've feeling pretty deprived of my super quick wit and hilarious stories after more than a month of radio silence. I apologize. I must say that blogging feels pretty weird after not doing it for so long. To make up for your feelings of loneliness and dejection brought on by my recent absence, I promise to pepper you with posts during the next month!
I haven't been sitting in Vietnam twiddling my thumbs this last month. I just got back from a wonderful 2-week vacation in the US. I got to hang out with family and friends and remember what it was like to live in the good old U-S-of-A for a while. Apparently, it did me a lot of good because everyone keeps telling me how refreshed and wonderful I look these days. It makes me wonder what I looked like before I left!
I've done some reflecting since come back about things that I love about the US and Vietnam. Here's just a sample.
5. Oh to have regular grocery stores. It would be so nice to have everything I need in one store again and oh the choices!! Publix, I miss you.
4. Oh my gosh, overload!! Why do I need so many kinds of cereal or peanut butter to choose from?!? Corner market, I'll miss you.
3. Traffic rules are for wimps. Wait, a red light really means stop? In what country?!?
2. Why can't I seem to get through this stinking traffic light? Ah, it must be the crazies running the light and blocking the entire intersection EVERY time. Don't even get me started on the $#*!$ on motorbikes that clog traffic because they can't wait 2 seconds for the cars to get through before they try to pass everyone by squeezing through the tiniest of openings.
1. $11.50 for a coffee and prepackaged sandwich?!? Geez, I can eat for a week in Vietnam for that!! $1.00 meals, you are my favorite friend.
There are great things about living in the US and great things about living in Vietnam. Ultimately, Vietnam doesn't have my family and friends to boost it on the scales. So yes, I will be coming home one day soon. Can you guys do me a favor and get that economy fixed before I do? That would be great. Thanks. (Hint: it will require spending cuts and higher taxes. Don't shoot the messenger!)
I have missed your posts! I'm always checking to see what new and exciting event you're letting us in on! Looking forward to some new things! I'm living the exciting life through you and A.! :-)
ReplyDeleteMama, Molly is definitely the exciting one these days. :)
ReplyDelete