Monday, September 20, 2010

My New Home

I have been a little slack about taking pictures since I've been here and several people have asked me about what it is like where I live, so I decided it was about time I put up some pictures of my new place and the neighborhood where I live. 

Just for a little orientation, I live in a section of Hanoi called Tay Ho. It means West Lake, which is why you'll hear some expats refer to the area/lake as West Lake. The area is pretty expat-heavy, but there are many locals that live here too. My specific area of Tay Ho is call Nghi Tam (said like Knee Tahm). I live just down the street from the Uruguayan Embassy and unfortunately, my street is under perpetual construction. They built up the other side of the lake a while back and are doing the same to my side now, which means constant dust and mud when it rains--it almost feels like I'm back on the dirt road in SC! The best thing about where I live is the amazing view, particularly at sunset. Every night I get to see some amazing sunsets over the lake out of my living room window. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my new neighborhood and my place!

View of the lake and my
street from my apartment.
My living room

View of Nghi Tam from across the lake.
Beautiful sunset over Tay Ho
lake from my window.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset and the couch looks just my size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment looks really nice, and the views are great. I really think the sunset shot is pretty. It's funny....that's not how I pictured Vietnam in my mind...those preconceived notions can be so off! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely views. Hope you're enjoying the sunsets each day.

    ReplyDelete